The General State Archives (G.S.A.) was founded in 1914 with primary mission the supervision, rescue, concentration, maintenance, recording, digitization, classification, indexing of the country’s archival material as well as making it available to the general public for study. The G.S.A. collects archival material, which is an integral part of the cultural heritage of Greek nation.
Since 2003, G.A.S. facilities are located in Psychiko, in a newly built complex, designed by architects D. Dakanalis, S. Boumpiotis, A. Tsigounis and Ch. Florou. Among others the building includes reception and service areas, a lecture hall and a seminar room, offices, Library and Reading Room, archival records rooms and maintenance, binding and photography labs.
Τelephone: +30 210 6782200
Fax: +30 210 6782215
Telephone: +30 210 6782208, +30 210 6782209, +30 210 6782214
Opening Hours: 09:00 – 15:00